Stocking ok?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Armoredspider

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have some fish I would like to get for my tank and I'd like some opinions on which would go well together and which look best.
I like cories, cherry barbs, upside down catfish, angelfish, rams, RCS, hatchetfish, any type of fully aquatic freshwater crab, tetras, endlers, and guppies. I am trying to stock a 20 gallon so I would like to know if any of these would work together.

Armoredspider said:
I have some fish I would like to get for my tank and I'd like some opinions on which would go well together and which look best.
I like cories, cherry barbs, upside down catfish, angelfish, rams, RCS, hatchetfish, any type of fully aquatic freshwater crab, tetras, endlers, and guppies. I am trying to stock a 20 gallon so I would like to know if any of these would work together.

Corydoras are fine but I suggest at least 5, don't know loads about cherry barbs but all the barbs I have had are schooling as well so I recommend around 5, forget the upside down catfish because they get big! You would be surprised, I personally wouldn't recommend angels either because they tend to be aggressive kept alone and get big as well, rams are good if you give them enough hiding places and I defiantly recommend them they are great but sensitive to water quality so a good cleaning and PWC is a must, RCS should be ok far as I know and also hatchet fish but again you need a group, I wouldn't get a crab because they can and will eat or at least nip at any fish they can catch, tetras are good just remember they are also schooling species and endlers are good too but if you are getting males and females they will breed, a lot, hope this helps and your not disappointed about them not all being a good idea but trust me it's better to know before you get them rather than panic when it's going wrong. Good luck.

Armoredspider said:

I would have to say no to the following:
Upside down catfish
Angelfish
Crabs
Endlers

But this is what I would do:
6 panda Cories
5-6 cherry barbs
Pair or 1 GBR
With red cherry shrimp buy as many as you can afford
6 cardinal tetra
1-3 guppies. Either a lone male or 1m 2f

If you want the hatchets I recommend you remove a school of fish.

Samzter said:
Upside down catfish
Angelfish
Crabs
Endlers

6 panda Cories
5-6 cherry barbs
Pair or 1 GBR
6 cardinal tetra

Would that be overstocking my 20 gallon tank with fish? That seems like a lot of fish! If it could that many I would stock it with those fish no matter what!

Upside down catfish
Angelfish
Crabs
Endlers

6 panda Cories
5-6 cherry barbs
Pair or 1 GBR
6 cardinal tetra

Why would you say no to upside down catfish?

Back
Top Bottom