Stocking question for a 20g Long

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BAHAHAHA yeah a lot of people find the heater an eyesore XDit is a bit "Meeeh". That amazon sword should hide it real well when it grows more.. which i doubt won't be long since within a week it sprouted 5 new stems, 2 of which are now 3inches long. Rediculous... thought they were slow growers? XDDD

"Yes, this is the rare Aqueonus Heaterius. You won't find one of these anywhere else!"

:lol:

Anyway, you can put it near the output or input of the filter and it should work just as well, and might hide it better. Will it fit upright in the tank?

the heater? yeah i can put it anywhere, but id prefer to keep it in the middle of the tank as I rarely see it run that often. Maybe... 3-5 max during the day and once or twice during the night? It's winter now so I expect it to be off the majority of the day as it warms up but yeah, where it's at seems to be pretty good if it rarely comes on like that. It doesn't bother me that much and I'm sure as my plants grow in people will barely see that stick of glass. hehehehe

Its actually a new heater, I just returned the other 100W friday because when i took it out to clean it there was rust on the bottom by the rubber. Not gunk... rust... very clearly rust. So that screamed to me that somethign was wrong so Petsmart gave me a new one. My filter seems fine, I checked it for rust as well by the motor part and there was nothing there which is good. but yeaaaah. heheh.

had to do 2 90% WC's before adding my fish cus my nitrates were so darn high LOL I can't get that last.... inch/ two inches of water without sucking up a ton of my sand. but yeah. My poop-machine babie fishies are doing great. the harly's will be a LOT happier when i get the rest of their school next friday wen petsmart gets more fish in.

Idk if I want to up the school of false julii's though or not. theres currently 5, which was the stock I wanted, but peeps were tellin me to add 1 more to bring it to 6... well... I hate even numbers (im weird like that) so if I do get more it would have to be 2 more to bring them to 7, but with my BN there I worry thats a bit too much on the bottom.

That would be a lot of bottom dwellers. Plus BN plecos have an enormous bioload for their size. I rehomed mine because my sand was constantly covered in poop. And she would dig out holes under my driftwood and my sand would be uneven all the time. Since she's gone my sand is nice and clean..

yeah thats what a figured. the 5 corys seem to be just fine. always grouped up and swimming around my tank at hyperspeed like little kids.

I have no problem with my BN having fun in the sand. I don't care if my sand is 'uneven' because ya know, sand isn't completely flat in their environments either heh. and the poo I dont mind. It gets vacuumed out during the WCs anyways :p prob good ferts for my plants which are already growing like weeds. hehe.

Added some neon tetras and really liking the activity now. bought 3 more harlys (someone came in friday and snagged most of them litterally just an hour or so before me) so I still gotta get 3 more but i got 8 neons, though i meant to get only 7 but the guy gave me an extra (found out after i got home) sooo yay for free fish. spent 10$ on 11 fish, saved 11$. haha yeah petsmart is having a huge fish sale soooooo

but yeah. everyone's lookin good. my tank parameters are still in check. tested before the WC and ammonia and nitrites were 0, nitrates I think werea bout 10, so it looks like once a week WCs is what ill be doing :D (only say that cus i know theres some peeps who do 2) We'll see how this week goes.

Back
Top Bottom