tank mates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dudeofrude

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a 26 UK gallon tank (30 us gallon) and currently I only have guppies, mollies and plecs, I'm just wondering if anyone can recommend some nice peaceful, pretty fish that I can add to build my community up? Maybe some that are a little larger?

Wow thanks, they really are beautiful! Any idea what sort or prices i'd be looking at, just to make sure my lfs doesn't try and take me for a ride lol

i think you should try few other cool or odd catfish. since im an addict to all things cats this realy isnt surprising
if u only had a 50 by 80 or whatever im not into math dormatory and like ok i just mean a small dorm but u can fit it and ur bed in there. and u asked what sort of pet'd be good i would say a kitten. then when it grows up get a new one. lol
but anywho, you should try a few cory catfish. syndontis congica might a nice one to add too i think...... i just am realy mainly guessing with that lol. but its a peacfull fishy

Thanks dude I'll look into it, I was looking at a bristlenose, is that a type of catfish?

hm.... not sure sounds cool though! lol what i realy want to look into but am too lazy too.. is a coral cat. i like to look at the plecos availble too. i someday wanna be able to get my own line of breeding fish...:BIG:

A bristlenose is a type of plecostomus, which I believe is a type of catfish. If you already have common plecos, they'll quickly outgrow your tank.

Be careful in selecting a catfish for a 30g. The majority of them get much too large for that tank. Cories would be a good choice. A striped raphael cat gets big but a 30g is acceptable for it. They like to hide, but they really add some pop to the tank.

Yeah I had a common plecs but once he got to around 6inches I sent him off to greener pastures in a friends 75gallon. I have pitbull plecs which (I'm told) only get to around 3inches so should be fine

take a look at some of the dwarf cichlids....i personally like blue ram, ruby ram, and triple red cockatoo (apistogramma)

you really should look into catfish like an upside down catfish is an awsome catfish as as its name implys it can and willl swim upside down on ocasions. it might sleep most of time but you konw. there's nothing that is gonna be perfect. so you should realy think about geting a catfish or too that are just a little acitley a word i JUST i have no idea what it should be

You really are catfish crazy eh lol I'll take a look but I want something that'll be comfortable in a 3ft tank and mist catfish I've seen get huge lol

well alot do i admit but the reason i said look them up is still valid and so look them up!! you might find some ideal species thats rare and just happens to be availible

Back
Top Bottom