The Forty Gallon Breeder Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
absolutangel04 said:
Ahhhhh! Ok, so first you called it a honey gold dwarf gourami, then I asked and you said they were honey gouramis, now you are back to calling them honey dwarf gourami. Lol. So, they are honeys, right? Not just red colored DG? Just so you know, I am totally smiling while I type this. So, I'm not But I do need to know for positive which it is because they are not the same species and are not interchangable. Honeys are more peaceful in general, but they are also bigger, so it affects your other stock. :) Please try to be consistent in which species you are refering to because a lot of people do not realize there is even a difference, so it can be confusing for other readers too. Again, don't think I am angry. :) I am quite happy to be in on this thread and you have a great tank in the making!
Of the fish on your list, I am not familiar with that tetra, so I will look it up. I think the paradise or the killis would be your best option, but I'll think about it. :) Bummer about the rummies, I LOVE mine.

Sorry- gold honey gouramis :). They are not dwarves, the fish store said so.

I know I LOVE my rummies, but they're not really worth the trouble they're causing for me now.

Update! :)
Replaced my bulbs for 2 6500 K bulbs that are 39 watts a bulb. Tank looks a lot brighter and nicer now! Is that strong enough lighting for all plants?
Also...now that the ick is almost gone...would it be okay to add nerite snails, like 3 of them to the tank since they can't transmit or have ick? Just wondering :)

absolutangel04 said:
Woah, how many days have you bentreating it? Its like taking an antibiotic, you need to run the course of the treatment to make sure it is gone.

Oh...well I stopped with salt, my plants started to turn a bit brown so I didn't want to take any chances. Currently I'm using meds and so far theres not a sign of it, but I guess I'll keep dosing every other day.

Since you already treated for the ich, you could just as easily keep the rummies if you want. Its obviously up to you, but you already went to the trouble of finding them and treating them.

Nerite snails are AMAZING!!!!!!!!! I have one with my bettas Irene and Ike, and he is attacking algae. The top 3 algae eaters IMO are; otos, JA shrimp, and nerite snails.

What are some good gravel cleaners? Sorry bruins, jst a quick question
That depends on your set-up, but you really should ask it in your own thread. You just asked a question about nerite snails, and I answered it, but if you have more it would be more polite to start your own thread about them. :)

Since you already treated for the ich, you could just as easily keep the rummies if you want. Its obviously up to you, but you already went to the trouble of finding them and treating them.

Hmm...well I've been considering it, but then that would totally affect what else I could keep in the tank, right?

As of now there's only five left. I'm using meds every other day until the meds run out.

Back
Top Bottom