The Forty Gallon Breeder Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pitbulls should be at least kept in a pair, not just one. A trio would be even better. I have apir and I absolutely LOVE them. My favorite algea eaters ever.
Are they honey gouramis, or dwarf gouramis? Sorry, I am just making sure since I see the terms interchangably so much even though it shouldn't be since the honey gourami is a different species from the dwarf gourami.
Those are all awesome choices. Pearl gourami are totally beautiful! Also, paradise fish look amazing!
Oh, i would avoid the harlequin rasboras since they are too small to be with an angel. :) Also, I may be wrong, but I don't think rainbow cichlids belong in a community setting. Really, the overwhelming majority of cichlids are not good community fish (except with each other).

absolutangel04 said:
Pitbulls should be at least kept in a pair, not just one. A trio would be even better. I have apir and I absolutely LOVE them. My favorite algea eaters ever.
Are they honey gouramis, or dwarf gouramis? Sorry, I am just making sure since I see the terms interchangably so much even though it shouldn't be since the honey gourami is a different species from the dwarf gourami.
Those are all awesome choices. Pearl gourami are totally beautiful! Also, paradise fish look amazing!
Oh, i would avoid the harlequin rasboras since they are too small to be with an angel. :) Also, I may be wrong, but I don't think rainbow cichlids belong in a community setting. Really, the overwhelming majority of cichlids are not good community fish (except with each other).

A trio of pitbulls...I like it!
Honey gouramis, just a gold variant of them :)
Hmmm how bout paradisefish??? A pair?

Also...
Do you put 1/2 tsp of salt every day or just every time you do water changes??? When treating for ich?

A trio of pitbulls...I like it!
Honey gouramis, just a gold variant of them :)
Hmmm how bout paradisefish??? A pair?

Also...
Do you put 1/2 tsp of salt every day or just every time you do water changes??? When treating for ich?[/QUOTE]

I don't. every week, or, if its REALLY bad, every other day. But i put in a whole teaspoon. For you id do every 3 days. JMO

absolutangel04 said:
Does the ich seem to be subsiding?

No, actually it's getting worse and it's spreading all over their body. Now I'm trying meds the LFS recommended that would clear it up in a week, but if not, I guess it's best to put them out of their misery :(

Hang in there. Sorry to hear it isn't getting better, but remember that these treatments take days, not hours. :) Unfortunately, ich can be stubborn, but hopefully they will all pull through.

absolutangel04 said:
Hang in there. Sorry to hear it isn't getting better, but remember that these treatments take days, not hours. :) Unfortunately, ich can be stubborn, but hopefully they will all pull through.

Okay, hanging in there. :)
BTW anyone recommend any plant bulbs? I want to replace my antic since it has practically no use for me...

In mu 4th grade class we grew them, all I remember was the teacher adding a lot of different meds. I wasnt into fish at the time so I wasnt watching closely

UUUUUPPPPPDDDDDDDDDAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTEEEEEEE!!!!!!!! :)

Well, the ick is doing a lot better than I'd hope it would be, already I can see that there's no more on their tails and lower body region.

Watcha think?
X7 rummies
X7 pristellas
X1 GBR
X3 pitbull plecos
X2 honey DGs
X1 angel
X6 bronze cories

The first thing i think of when i see this is a BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGGGGGG happy face!!! I'm delighted that you may have saved the lives of those poor fishies :) Stocking looks solid.

YES!!!!!!! nice dude!!! I like the stock alot! Can you mix angels and gouramis easily?

Gboy66 said:
YES!!!!!!! nice dude!!! I like the stock alot! Can you mix angels and gouramis easily?

Yes, so far neither are bothering each other at all.
Also...kinda tweaked the stocking again :)
X1 angel
X1 GBR
X6 bronze cories
X2 gold honey DGs
X7 pristella tetras

Getting rid of:
X1 platy
X1 GBR
X1 chocolate gourami
X6 rummies (don't know if they're worth it anymore)

This is what I plan on adding:
X7 bentosi tetras
X3 pitbull plecos
X1-2...hmm.
Paradisefish?
Apistos?
Pearl Gourami?
Killifish?
Other idea?

Like it!!! Where u gunna give all those fish too? I want the ram haha! Does your lfs have all those replacements you want or will you be ordering them?

Gboy66 said:
Like it!!! Where u gunna give all those fish too? I want the ram haha! Does your lfs have all those replacements you want or will you be ordering them?

Haha sorry I'm not old enough to ship yet :)

The LFS has all of them

Ahhhhh! Ok, so first you called it a honey gold dwarf gourami, then I asked and you said they were honey gouramis, now you are back to calling them honey dwarf gourami. Lol. So, they are honeys, right? Not just red colored DG? Just so you know, I am totally smiling while I type this. So, I'm not But I do need to know for positive which it is because they are not the same species and are not interchangable. Honeys are more peaceful in general, but they are also bigger, so it affects your other stock. :) Please try to be consistent in which species you are refering to because a lot of people do not realize there is even a difference, so it can be confusing for other readers too. Again, don't think I am angry. :) I am quite happy to be in on this thread and you have a great tank in the making!
Of the fish on your list, I am not familiar with that tetra, so I will look it up. I think the paradise or the killis would be your best option, but I'll think about it. :) Bummer about the rummies, I LOVE mine.

Back
Top Bottom