Turnover for 3ft tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hairy_Harold

Aquarium Advice Regular
Tank is 200L 3x1.5x1.5' and will be home to 16 African Cichlids (3-5cm) and 2 Peppermint Bristlenoses (3-5cm), So far i've read they are dirty lil buggers and was planning on filtering the tank with a 1000 Lph internal filter with spray bar attached and a Jebao 1500 Lph canister.

In a perfect world the internal wouid have a turn over of 5 per hr and the canister 7.5 per hr but there will be head loss (piping, bends, filter media, manufactoring lies).

Will this be too much water flow for african cichlids being that they are from a lake?
Should I make it so the two filters flow against each other to reduce flow?
Would doing so create extra turbulence with the two flows clashing?

I don't think that's going to be too much flow. If it is, you can offset this buy aiming the spraybars more towards the surface, so that the force of the water gets unloaded.

Yeah I asked the question more so without thinking as much as I should. I will probably drill the holes on the spray bar a bit bigger as the water velocity is pretty high out of the 5 holes on the spraybar.

Back
Top Bottom