Clown Fish Is diein

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
All my advice, I got from this site, so I have to thank the past and newer folks.

Thanks everyone, I try to give back to this site as I have received from here.

last time he was loged on was the day he made the post either looks like he dont have time to check back or the poor little fish did not make it.

Hey guys My lil clown is alive nd well i did a PWC he is doing good eating a lot nd stuff

Im not sure what the problem was i do have my sump up nd running i didnt have to drill it or anything the guy from the LFS helped me buy a kit so it would work sort of like a canister filter how the tube run threw the outside all my fish are still alive my blenny is good so is my CC all of them are doing good i just gat a yellow tang on friday he is so cool my water is good but the nitrarte levels keep going up fast i did a PWC the same moring my clown was acting wierd and i did another yesterday aany advice wit the nitrates?

I'm glad to hear everything is better. How much are you feeding them? To much feeding/food will cause nitrates to rise quickly. Do have a CUC and are they all accounted for?

Clean Up Crew, they consist of snails, hermit crabs, crabs, shrimp etc. They help with algae control and eat excess food the fish didn't consume and fish waste. Are you running a skimmer, this also helps with controlling nitrates by removing excess nutrients/proteins from the water? Are u using tap water for PWC's or RO/DI water? Did you test your the Nitrate level of your tap water? these are some of things to check and that will help you out. Oh yeah what type of filtration are you using and has it been cleaned out?

o i have to Turbo snails plan on getting 2 crabs also

yes i am running a skimmer filter was cleaned after last PWC yes i am using tap but put in all the stuff for the irons nd chlorine nd stuff

That doesn't remove the nitrates from the tap. Check the tap water for nitrates with your test kit and see what you get, all tap water has some level of nitrates. The concentration all depends on where you are geographically, and where the water is coming from. Oh yeah, all of your snails are accounted for?

tntfish, I think you have a lot of research to do. Read some articles that you can find on the site and maybe get a good book that you can learn better. Im glad the fish is ok though. good luck

yea i do sharkbate thank god u guys are here to help me im def reading alot of stuff where ever i can my friend said he has a book for me i do like the site articles read them alot def will keep it up.

Levels in my tank are ammonia 0, Nitrite 0 and Nitrate 10ppm im trying to keep those nitrates down not trying to have my fish die not one death yet

What about the tap water nitrate level? 10ppm for the nitrates isn't that bad if your FOWLR, i've read that the nitrates in a FOWLR tank should be kept @<30ppm, Reefs kept @ <1.0ppm.

Back
Top Bottom