Clown Fish Is diein

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tntfish

Aquarium Advice Freak
i gat this lil guy about 5 days ago he was doing good eatin alot and swimina around alot but today he just at the bottom of te tank he isnt swimin or anything and now he is on his side he keeps on opening nd closing his mouth like if he cant breath it looks like he has a lil cut on his gill not sure tho anybody think they can help me?

Get a couple pictures if you can

Go buy a saltwater test kit and test your ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, pH, and if you have a hydrometer or refractometer, test your salinity.

How long has you tank been up and running, and are you familiar with "cycling" the tank.

img_1006535_0_3658a592d01c7fbbe4bcc5b063603125.jpg

ill get the info i did aclimate tank has been cycling for a good month have a lil blue damsel a choclate chip starfish nd a blenny

Don't mean to offend but...

A) duration has no bearing on cycling a tank. Only water testing. If you cycled with the damsel then I would guess that 1) Your tank is not cycled and/or 2) Your parms are way out of whack and/or 3) Your fish is dying.

B) There is no way you should have a CC star at this point. Tank is way too immature

C) I was reading your other thread and it's hard to follow when you started. It sounded like you started by moving an established tank but the barren rock work sure doesn't look it. If you did move an established tank, what moved; what didn't? I may have misread.

At any rate my guess is that either the tank is not cycled or had such a low bacteria colony that it couldn't support adding more livestock (yet another reason for the fishless cycle.. build a big colony and let it die off instead of your fish dying).

Might be off base but based on what I read that's where I come down.

If so, you need a water change and then many more ... and you need to test your water ALOT.

I don't think the tank is cycled, on 07/24/09 he stated "the tank has been running fine for a week already", that fish needs to get out of that tank fast and into maybe a makeshift Qt to maybe help revive the fish and get him into an established tank. So sad.

if they are right you need to either get him to a qt tank or a established tank i am assuming you dont have either so do you know a freind who has one either that or rush him to a petstore and beg the store to let you revive it in thier tanks

What's the point? The qt wouldn't be cycled either. IMO the best course is to leave him on the main where the water volume (and pollution dilution) is greater. Many water changes, testing and sadly continuing with the 'with fish' cycle. Unless you can rehome him/them.

You CC is probably a disaster waiting to happen too.

Of course all predicated on the tank not being cycled assumption.

QT is always an option. You can do PWCs to keep the parameters in check.

What's the point? The qt wouldn't be cycled either. IMO the best course is to leave him on the main where the water volume (and pollution dilution) is greater. Many water changes, testing and sadly continuing with the 'with fish' cycle. Unless you can rehome him/them.

You CC is probably a disaster waiting to happen too.

Of course all predicated on the tank not being cycled assumption.
At least the water if done correctly would be better in QT tank than what is in the tank. If you read the post I said to get him to an established tank instead of letting the poor guy suffer like that after the QT.

u guys have convinced me to put my fish ina co-workers tank ill do tha before i get to wrk tonight i hope he stays alive

Back
Top Bottom