featrherduster

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tmkx3

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just read a thread about a sick featherduster. i have a new featherduster that looks like it has something coming out of the end of the tube too. It looks like a tube made of sand. I thought maybe the worms was dead because the feathers weren't out. i took some tank water out and removed him from the the tank but later his feathers came back out. I put him back in the tank. Is this stuff coming out maybe fesses? How do I know? If he dies is the only evidence the lack of plumiage?

What is new? Couple of days?

Put him in a lower light, soft (not dead/still) flow area and be patient. he can "blow" his plummage and still be in there. Will grow another in a some weeks.

The only way I know If one is dead - or moved out and will begin to make another tube somehwere else - is when you lightly touch the tube and don't feel anything move - or feels empty.

Anyway, be patient and see what happens.

I have had him about 1 month.The reason I am concerned is because I just had 3 shrimp die because of copper in my tank. I don't have any readings for copper but I am almost positive that was the problem with shrimp. I add a filter to the main with a bio wheel that been used in a Qt that was treated with copper. The qt had o readings for copper also but obviously that was in correct because all the shrimp died within 2 weeks of the bio wheel being added.

Back
Top Bottom