HELP!!! What's wrong with my galaxy coral, it's turning white

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's next to a plate coral and a brain coral and some zoas although I noticed a slime coat over the area that turned white when I got the coral in the mail any tips are greatly appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Could be the plate or torch not playing nice, but my guess is your water quality. If I remember correctly your fighting a massive gha outbreak and don't use ro/di

I've gotten rid of it all, it turns out that outbreak wasn't as bad as it seemed and I do use ro/di water my ph got pretty low the other day that might have something to do with it but like you said it might be I think the other coral is not being nice to it

I am guessing your torch had something to do with it! They pack a powerful punch ! I have had this trouble as well!

Yea I guess I should separate em better I hear the brain has stingers that come out at night too

Brain I think has fairly short tentacles! Torch will reach a long way

It's a plate coral...but it was suppose to be purple it's kind of green near the mouth which fades into the opal white tips...they might have given me the wrong kind. But if it is a plate are they also poisonous?

I think all Lps and sps are to some degree! I don't a plate will reach as far as the torch

Back
Top Bottom