Is the frogspawn dead?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WarOrks15

Aquarium Advice Addict
ok so i added a frogspawn last week and now he has been closed up for about 4 days now he has a ton of slime all over him and the hermit crabs are closeing in. the green parts of him are turning a gray color. is it dead or will he come back. he was doing just fine for about the fist 3 dasy or so and then slowly started to close up more. what do you think?

I'm certainly no expert,but my guess is that it is certainly close to dead. I've heard some say the frogspawn will sometimes grow back, so far I've never had that happen. I've also heard that it is not a good thing to leave a dead coral in the tank, it can make the nitrates go up. Good luck though, I know it's shattering to loose a coral.

ya i payed $110 for him last friday and now it is dead. well i just tested my water and it is still all at 0 so we will see if he comces back. how much has to be there for him to come back? just the CA shell or dose there still need to be some green stuff in side the shell for him to come back?

If all the flesh is gone, it's dead and will not come back.

Can we get a pic? What is your ph and alk? IME, Euphyllia sp are very sensitive to ph and alk.

OUCH, that has to bite!!! Like I said, I've never had one come back, I just heard that they could, I've yet to see it happen. At least your water test out good, that a good thing and should help some maybe.
Surely there's some one out there that can give some expert advice that would like to jump in here.

well ph is at 8.3 and my alk test kit has yet to get to my house yet. i cant get a pic i do not have a digital cameria and right now the cleaner shrimp is picking the slime/ what was green flesh off and eating it and the hermit crabs are wateign for it to die soon so they get a meal. should i just remove it?

well i removed it just a few min ago becasue every hermit crab in the tank was eating it and none of my other corals were opening so i removed it at did a 20% water change. all my levels were just fine so unless it is a toxin. man that thing smells like dead fish when i took it out of the water i put it in a bucket with some new tank water and hopeing maybe there will be a come back but it really is not looking good.

Back
Top Bottom