Should I be worried?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

24 hours? NE!

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just added a yellow watchman to my tank on Thursday. He took off for the lr immediately, which I expected.

I also expected him to hide for a while, but I haven't seen any sign of him yet. Should I move things around to find him?

I wouldnt. The main reason being it will only let you know he is alive. IF he has died, the clean up crew will take care of it. If you start moving stuff around, you may upset the other tank inhabitants.

I agree, there is also the chance that it is still alive and you could produce a landslide and crush it. They can be jumpers...look around your tank, in the overflow and in the sump.

I saw him yesterday when I was feeding. He found a totally hidden place. I figured he would. It was just good to see him. Hopefully, he'll come out once in a while.

Gobies are easily spooked, I've had 2 before and both spent most of their time either hiding in the rock or right outside of a cave. Like RR said, be careful, they're jumpers. Both of my previous gobies managed to jump to their demise despite my hood and eggcrate covers.

I have a yellow watchman, and he spends all of his time in one cave structure at the front of my tank, they are very nervous, and will dart back in when people come to close. (when my neighbor's kids run up to the glass, for some reason thye can't find or see the goby :roll: :roll: ). I havent tried this, but he may feel more comfortable if he had a shrimp buddy. They naturally bond with glass shrimp (not ghost shrimp) in the wild, but those are hard top find (only seen them once, in SF) and I have heard of them pairing with pistol shrimp.

yep i got a pistol shrimp for my yellow watchman, now i see him all the time. digging up the tank with his new friend.

Back
Top Bottom