Sick Mandarin?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mstrblstr33

Aquarium Advice Activist
Can anyone identify what might have caused the discoloration on my Mandarins face? He is just hangin out in the front of my tank, not lookin good. Any help would be appreciated. All water parameters are normal.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110622_193111.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110622_193111.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 199
  • ForumRunner_20110622_193131.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110622_193131.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 157
  • ForumRunner_20110622_193146.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110622_193146.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 167
Hard to tell by those pics, but it is very malnourished. Are those white spots on the fish?

ccCapt said:
Hard to tell by those pics, but it is very malnourished. Are those white spots on the fish?

The white spots are sand specs. I don't think he is malnourished, I restock tiggerpods once a month and feed them phytofeast. He was constantly swimming in and out of the rocks pecking at them.

That should be good especially since you are stocking pods to I was worried it was to early in the tank I want one but my tank has only been up about 5 months and I have only seen pods for about 3 months

Yeah, he has been eating well since we got him. Almost looks like he got stung by a bristle worm...not sure though.

Well, I think my suspicions of the bristle worm sting were confirmed last night. I came out to check on him, and he was actually starting to pick at the rocks again. I thought wow, maybe he is gonna make a comeback.....but much to my dismay, a worm poked his head out of the rock at the same time he was pecking and sting. The mandarin immediately went into cunvulsions and that was the end of Scoot the Mandarin. :(

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom