Sick sea hare?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeremy S.

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was working in my tank today and I noticed my sea hare'a head sticking out of the sand slightly. He apparently buried himself in the sand? I pulled him up and put him on a peice of seaweed and he started eating then wandered off. Is this a bad sign or do they just search for food or sleep in the sand bed?

I really don't want to come home to a nuked tank -_-

I dont know. I dont think there is enough to go on to say he is sick. Keep a close eye out on him though.

Thank you. Ill keep an eye on him for sure. He's out now but not as active as usual.

Another thing I noticed was when I picked up the sea hare, wearing nitrile gloves, he was slimier than usual.

Have some activated carbon on hand just in case. As I mentioned keep a very close eye out.

I was working in my tank today and I noticed my sea hare'a head sticking out of the sand slightly. He apparently buried himself in the sand? I pulled him up and put him on a peice of seaweed and he started eating then wandered off. Is this a bad sign or do they just search for food or sleep in the sand bed?

Is there algae in the tank or do you feed it ??

I had one die before it didn even effect the tank i never found it it mustv just rotted away no ink dye or whatever

Back
Top Bottom