torch corals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

54seaweed

Macro Addict
since my illness my daughter has taking care of my tank and doing a darn good job at it,
it seems the only thing in my tank that shows signs of dying off are my 3 torches,
i watched my daughter do the testing everything seems to be in line
the only change was when i got ill i stopped dosing i didnt want my daughter messing with it as i wouldnt be comfortable , i didnt think it would be a big impact
now all my torches are dying off 1 by 1
i want to jump in but its hard since i only have the use of 1 arm it makes me feel useless, she does follow my directions well but i feel if i could get back the reins i can over come this problem
i just dont want to start loosing thousands of dollars in coral
at the moment its just the torches hammers and grape corals and frog spawn are still ok along with everything else in tank
any ideas i could put in my daughters hands

If you aren't ok with her dosing, I don't know what else to really tell you. A drastic change in parameters could be stressing them to such...and the dosing might be it if there aren't any other changes going on in the system.

think today im going to send wife to reef store to pick up a dosing canister , i was doing it manually , i think thats why i feel iffy about her doing it , a friend of mine came over last night he said theres a capsule i could use to dose just drop 1 in sump daily , has anyone used these
not having use of both arms and hands renders me about useless with my tank
and its hard to take when things arent right
my daughter is very helpful but just don't have the same passion as me with the tank,
i feel the only reason she is doing it is for me her heart just isnt into it

Brs sells some great dosing units, never personally used them, but they all get great reviews and are very common on other forums.

Back
Top Bottom