3 Dead fish in 24hrs, please help our poor fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, first of all, I would give the frog a place to go before it dies. Maybe you can make a little pad for him to sit on and lower the water level in the tank a bit.

One more thing, check for contamination. An ammonia level of 1 is typically not even to kill ALL the fish in a tank. Could be some non aquarium safe thing killing the fish? Look for pollutants around the tank, non fish safe items in the tank, anything you may have used to clean the tank...

The onyl thing I can think of is I have 5 plant bulbs in the tank that have been in there since day one. They haven't sprouted yet, but aren't supposed to until the 15th of this month. Other than that I don't know what it could be. The ammonia is now 2.

I didn't mean day one of the tank setup, but with the fish on the 1st of Jan.

I personally wouldn't consider putting anymore fish in. I would now do a fishless cycle. It's so much easier then cycling with fish.

During this process all your doing is testing your water and adding more ammonia to feed your bacteria. No water changes necessary and no fish will die.

If you can, get some pure ammonia. If you are unable to find that, continue to monitor your water and add fish food to continue with the cycling.

I would take your frog out and put him in a bucket with some dechlorinated water and an airstone.

Thanks everyone for your help. I took the frog out and he has some water and a "lily pad". I'm assuming he will be okay(Better than if he was in the tank). So, I guess I just let the tank run until I have no ammonia and nitrite?

Back
Top Bottom