Corydoras didnt like my tank I guess..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

h8z2luze

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have 2 neon tetras and 2 glo light tetras and 2 snails in a newly cycled 10G. I noticed the cory wasnt moving very much the last 2 days and this morning it was dead and I dont know why. The levels are all ok as of yesterday. I will check again tonight and see what they are. I am hopeing it was just sick when I got it and not something that was in my tank that did it.

Sorry for your loss. How long have you had the fish, were they in the tank while it was cycling?

happens quite often to the new tanks...
the cory might just have been a sick fish
im sorry for your loss

ive also heard that cory's dont do well in new tanks... that they need an established tank with lots of food for them in the substrate. i just overfeed a little so they have some to eat. hard to really say if your parameters are all good

As a professional cory killer, :( I've noticed that mine seemed very stressed until I started adding larger plants that created lots of shady area's for them to sit in. Not sure if this is just me, or a rule of thumb, but shade did wonders!

Back
Top Bottom