Cotteny growth on Cory

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bekahsa

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, I have a female Corydora fish that has cotteny growth on her fins and now has spread to the top of her head and it starting to grow on the other side of her fins. She had body slim, which that has been cured, but now the cotteny growth is continuing.

I give her a kosher salt bath yesterday and she is now in a hospital tank of 1 gallon freshwater clean water, no gravel, no plants, just food, air hose and heater which temp is at slightly over 80. I have the light on, but covered some of it so it's not so bright on her.

I notice she had body slim in the main aquarium so I removed her about 2 weeks ago, and within one week her body slim was gone but now cottony growth started and is continuing to grow. I notice also that she is not really eating and not moving at all. Can I give her another salt bath or should I just wait? Her water is clean with no meds.

What else can I do?

i dont think your suppose to use alot of salt with cories, then again, ive never had problems using salt with them, or rid-ick for that matter.
Fungal growth is always secondary to bacterial infections or wounds.
I would use Furan-2 if your looking for a med.
Same med as delapool said.
You can find it at walmart.

Back
Top Bottom