Ick/popeye

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

laynimie

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello, I need some advice. I have a 10 gallon tank with a female red wag platy, male molly, and 3 corys. I noticed yesterday my molly had what appeared to be Popeye. I separated him in a container placed in the tank and medicated with Melafix. This morning I noticed some white spots on his tail fin. On closer examination I saw a few white spots on the platy too. My cories all seemed fine. I didn't want to turn the heat up to 86 because the cories don't like that, I also heard the ick treatment takes its toll on them. So I moved my 3 cories to a 1 gallon unfiltered hospital tank, so I could treat the entire tank,with the molly and platy. I guess I am wondering how long should I keep the cories out of the tank? Just until I add the carbon back in?

Levels before 50% water change
Ammonia 0.25
Nitrate 0
Nitrite 3.0
Ph 7.2

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Forgot Temp is 78. Tank going through a cycle as I stupidly changed the filter. Whisper ex 20 about a week and a half ago. Platy and molly are about 2 months in my aquarium. Cories 1 month. I do about a 30 percent water change every other day treating with AquaSafe(tetra) water conditioner and easy balance (tetra)

I vacuum the gravel every water change.

you should treat for one week after last visible symptoms, to make sure it all is gone. Then add back healthy fish.

Back
Top Bottom