Is he sick?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Betta_Lover97

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
does-he-have-fin-rot-or-anything-1058996.html
I just bought him today. I honestly didn't think I would choose a crownfish betta.

Anyway, since I just got him, I have a few questions.

1. Is it normal for betta to go up and gasp for air from time to time? Cuz he does that.

2. I heard fin rot is common, but for crownfish betta, it's kinda hard to know exactly if he has one or not. So, please help me with the attach photos.

3. He keeps staying at the bottom of the tank and all the way back. Chilling next to the heater. Is that normal?

Image shows as broken. On the AA app, click on the plus symbol next to write a reply (opens a larger text box). There is an icon showing a mountain, click that and load a photo from mobile photo album.

For 1. Yes. Bettas go up to the top and breathe air. They have a what's called a labyrinth organ, which is sort of a proto-lung. They also blow bubbles. This doesn't mean they're in distress or want to breed, necessarily. Some bettas just like to blow bubbles.

Delapool answered 2.

3. Give him a bit of time. He's just been released from a little tiny cup and into a much bigger environment. Some like to explore right away. Others need some time. Once he's been in the tank for a few days he'll most likely start to come away from the heater more.

does-he-have-fin-rot-or-anything-1058996.html
i just bought him today. I honestly didn't think i would choose a crownfish betta.

Anyway, since i just got him, i have a few questions.

1. Is it normal for betta to go up and gasp for air from time to time? Cuz he does that.

2. I heard fin rot is common, but for crownfish betta, it's kinda hard to know exactly if he has one or not. So, please help me with the attach photos.

3. He keeps staying at the bottom of the tank and all the way back. Chilling next to the heater. Is that normal?

IMG_5464.jpgIMG_5468.jpg

Image shows as broken. On the AA app, click on the plus symbol next to write a reply (opens a larger text box). There is an icon showing a mountain, click that and load a photo from mobile photo album.

Kinda posted it 2 times, but I did it. Thanks!

I don't see any rot. I did find out that Gary with a betta in front of him looks like an owl.

So, he's healthy. That's good. I just want to make sure everything is alright since I just recently started this hobby. Anyway, thanks!

Back
Top Bottom