Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-29-2020, 07:27 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Is my mickey platy fish pregnant?

Hi, I was wondering if someone can help me. My orange mickey platy seems to have a big belly, and I can't tell if one is pregnant. I don't see a gravid spot, but the other day the platy kept staying close to the bottom of the tank and chasing the white platy away. I am just a bit nervous because a few days ago one of my guppies ended up pregnant and passed durning birth and her young was eaten by the other fish. I have a breeder box, but I just want to be certain and catch it before something bad happens. Thanks alot!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200129_191545.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	193.0 KB
ID:	315103   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200129_191348.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	180.6 KB
ID:	315104  

Old 01-30-2020, 08:22 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

By these pictures I'd say both are male. The orange one seems to be developing a gonopodium. Both just look wellfedd. Nothing to worry about.

Specialized in livebearers &
specific breeder of rare livebearers...
emeraldking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 08:52 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Newbie

To me they both look like males, I mean Iím no expert, I have platy fish and the back fin is one of the main ways to tell the gender of the platy fish, a femalesí is shaped like a triangle and the malesí looks just like yours. Once again Iím not positive but I do think they are males. ( before I saw that fin I thought your fish were pregnant too lol )

Tags
fish, ick, platy, pregnant

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com