Month old molly fry with red/orange spot on head

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SushiRoll

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a Dalmatian molly fry that has a red/orange spot on top of it's head it's not a balloon belly, it is 1 month old eating fine acting fine did a water change yesterday,I took out about 5 gallons. I do a water change about every six weeks. Temp is about 78 Fahrenheit ph is 7.2-7.0 don't know about anything else like that but the ph is normally between 7.5 and 7.2, it was set up at the beginning of the month. I pretty much raised the fry on an Aqueon Tropical Flake mixed with Omega one I did not cycle the tank but I used the filter (witch is a 40 gallon filter) in my established tank for 4 weeks. There are 13 other mollies(11 fry, 2 parents) mom 1" dad 2", Also 2 2" angelfish and 2 Guppies( 1 is 1.5" other is 1")I have it separated right now in a clean peanut bitter jar hanging in the tank. I hope that is all you need. Reply Fast.:(

I now have a second one with a bigger spot on it's belly please help!!!:nono:

Such are the genetics of dalmation mollies, that some often get patches of red/orange in their colour patterns. If you could post a photo, it may give us a better view of whether there is any threat to health on your fish

Thanks:D, I think that's what it is. I couldn't get a good picture because the fish are so small (they are only like half an inch).

Back
Top Bottom