Need advice about gill disease treatment.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stephanie

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello. I have a goldfish that is having gill problems. The gills have folded up quite a bit, and you can see the red part underneath them. I've tried to do research but haven't found much on this problem. I've read that goldfish can get gill disease, and I bought tetracyclene capsules that are supposed to cure it. I'm on the second day of the treatment now and I haven't seen any improvement. It actually looks worse. I have never had a fish with this problem before so if anybody else has, and knows of ways to treat it, please let me know! I've had this fish for about a year now and this is the first time its had a disease. So far its still acting normal and swimming around a lot.

Thanks,

Steph

Very sorry, but no, it's not something I'm familiar with. Never seen anything even remotely like what you describe. However, if it is something that antibiotics can cure, perhaps with a few more days treatment you'll see improvement. It is a good sign that he's behaving normally, so it's not time to give up hope! Hope your fish gets better, and sorry I can't really help.

Back
Top Bottom