Need immediate response!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ronda

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Help! My Electric Green Tetra is dying I think!!! A few weeks ago something happened and she was missing for a few days i think she got stuck in a shell... I removed her from the tank for a day and treated her with stress zyme and stress coat. I put her back in the tank and she has been doing great. Her fins have been growing back and everything. I just checked the tank and shes spinning in circles slowly with the current and hardly in control. WHAT CAN I DO TO SAVE HER?!?! PLEASE HELP ME :'(

Attachments

• image-1446899721.jpg
    image-1446899721.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 82
Should I keep the filter and oxygen flowing? I don't want to stress her out.

I can put her in a 5 gal with oxygen. Is that good? She's getting worse:'(

I can put her in a 5 gal with oxygen. Is that good? She's getting worse:'(

Oh man I'm sorry. The best I can do is be here for you. I know it can be tough. Move her and see how she does. Is she breathing? Showing any signs of life?

Oh man I'm sorry. The best I can do is be here for you. I know it can be tough. Move her and see how she does. Is she breathing? Showing any signs of life?

Yes but thats all shes doing! She's my favorite little baby. I just moved her to the smaller tank and the oxygen is pushing her everywhere so I have it only half way in. Thank you for being here. This is a lot harder than I imagined it being...

Yes but thats all shes doing! She's my favorite little baby. I just moved her to the smaller tank and the oxygen is pushing her everywhere so I have it only half way in. Thank you for being here. This is a lot harder than I imagined it being...

Your very welcome. I know it's tough. Anything happen to her recently to cause any issues? Also if she's bouncing around turn it way down. Is she showing any positive signs? You don't want her suffering.

Your very welcome. I know it's tough. Anything happen to her recently to cause any issues? Also if she's bouncing around turn it way down. Is she showing any positive signs? You don't want her suffering.

She is breathing way heavy but hardly any movement when she is in still water. A few weeks ago she went missing for a few days. I thought maybe somehow my cat put her paw in the little one inch gap on the hood of the tank but maybe 3 days later she was in the corner of the tank with busted up fins. I think she got stuck in a shell... I got rid of all the shells and I put stress coat and stress zyme in and she hung out in the plants for a few days. Her fins started growing back and she was swimming around like nothing had happened until about an hour ago when I noticed her sideways in the tank.

Now shes at the bottom laying at the bottom :'(

She is breathing way heavy but hardly any movement when she is in still water. A few weeks ago she went missing for a few days. I thought maybe somehow my cat put her paw in the little one inch gap on the hood of the tank but maybe 3 days later she was in the corner of the tank with busted up fins. I think she got stuck in a shell... I got rid of all the shells and I put stress coat and stress zyme in and she hung out in the plants for a few days. Her fins started growing back and she was swimming around like nothing had happened until about an hour ago when I noticed her sideways in the tank.

So she's not moving and gasping. Sounds bad bro. Sorry. You can see if she makes the night. Keep lights off and just try and make her comfortable. If all else fails we may have to put her down. You don't want her suffering :(

So she's not moving and gasping. Sounds bad bro. Sorry. You can see if she makes the night. Keep lights off and just try and make her comfortable. If all else fails we may have to put her down. You don't want her suffering :(

I dont at all. My poor Ronda. What would you do? I've been keeping fresh water tanks for 8 years now but I have never had to deal with this kind of thing.

I dont at all. My poor Ronda. What would you do? I've been keeping fresh water tanks for 8 years now but I have never had to deal with this kind of thing.

Tough call, wait and see if there's any change. Keep an eye on her and see if things change. If not we may have to do what's best. Maybe she'll snap out of it.

Tough call, wait and see if there's any change. Keep an eye on her and see if things change. If not we may have to do what's best. Maybe she'll snap out of it.

I really hope so... Thank you so much for all your help. I seriously would be so lost without you right now.

I'm SO sorry Ronda :( gosh i now know HOW stressful it is to think of them in pain let alone see it and feel so helpless to do anything about it. So weird how she got better and then got suddenly and fatally? worse. Wish someone knew why it would appear to get better then get worse. *hugs* they are lucky fish to have such a caring person

I'm SO sorry Ronda :( gosh i now know HOW stressful it is to think of them in pain let alone see it and feel so helpless to do anything about it. So weird how she got better and then got suddenly and fatally? worse. Wish someone knew why it would appear to get better then get worse. *hugs* they are lucky fish to have such a caring person

Thank you so much. I wish someone knew too... I wish there was more I could do... Im praying for her though.

I am sorry to hear about your rough evening. I wish you and your swimming friend all the luck!

Back
Top Bottom