Potential Parasite on Cory's Dorsal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

logansmomma1228

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey everyone, I have a 29G with a GBR, 7 albino cories (w 5 fry) 8 harlequin rasboras, 4 neon tetras and 1 GWC (last of his kind :( )

I have never had an issue with my tank so I am unsure what this is. There is a worm like protrusion on the back of my cory's dorsal fin. It just appeared tonight (it wasn't there 2 hrs ago when I fed them) and seems to be bothering her. It looks like it is attached and I wasn't sure if she tore her fin or not, but after looking around it seems it could be a parasite.

All I have right now is Aquarium salt and a QT tank (haven't set it up yet) and I have no money to get meds until Monday. Any possible diagnoses/treatments?

Also, does anyone know if the other fish are potentially infected or at risk by this point in time?

So I had a really hard time getting a good pic of the thing but I am putting the best one up anyways. I also took a short video because it is much easier to see (couldn't get a clear screen shot from the vid).

img_1461531_0_e1f74109385adfe66128801ff2db1798.jpg

‪DSCF1133‬‏ - YouTube There is the video of the worm (w/e it is )

TIA for all help, it is much appreciated. I love my cories and I will not take it well if I can't help them :(

PS Sorry for the shakey vid with the stupid comment in it... It's 2am and I am TIRED lol

I would treat the tank with a commerical medication like Parasite Clear by Jungle which is available at Walmart. There are alot of success stories throughout the internet using this product, I've used it Bloat many times and it's never failed to work IME.

GWC= Golden White Cloud. It is a type of minnow and is really pretty. They stay along the top level of the water. If you click my tanks link and go to page 5 you can see them. I got them from severum mama and HN1 and they were very gorgeous fish!

Back
Top Bottom