Small to large white spot (Ich) like lesions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bradleycmc

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have notices troublesome Small to large white spot (ICH) like lesions on my new Angel fish and am heartbroken that my new fish are sick. As alluded, I think this is Ich but, I have never seen it it cause welts on the fish. I also notice one of my angels very lethargic and not eating well. Can you friends please help me confirm if this is ich and if not that, what is it? Thank you so much! Bradley

2016-04-04 23.29.50.jpg

2016-04-04 23.29.30.jpg

2016-04-04 23.29.49.jpg

Hello, welcome to the forum. Generally lesions means bacterial. Still worth checking temperature and ph as well.

Ichthyobodo necatrix (costia)

It ended up being a (costia) parasite causing extra mucus and irritation to the skin / slimecoat. I lost all four of my large Angelfish. I should have quarantined the newer batch that I got from the largest pet chain. I have treated the tank for and killed off the parasites and am just waiting a couple of week to cycle the tank well and restock. Thank you so much.

Ah, tsk - I should of thought of that. Thanks for letting us know what it was and sad news on your fish :(

What are you looking to restock with?

Back
Top Bottom