Unhealthy catfish!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

exeori

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have 2 Cory's in my 75l tank, both are very slow moving, they are hiding beneath plants and sort of floating against them. When I move the plant they swim away and start again in a different spot. Is this a sign of disease? I checked my water and everything reading 0 with a ph of 7.

Aarrgg!! I had the exsact same thing happen to me... They were sluggish and then I noticed clamped fins. One of mine died, however clean water conditions really helped with the other one. I did regular water changes. What was the results of your ammonia?

Ammonia level is also 0. 2 more have died since this morning and I have no idea what's wrong! All seem to be struggling to swim, they are floating instead. I added a fish yesterday and I'm thinking that it's brought a disease into the tank.

How long has the tank been setup? Everything shouldn't read zero. How are you testing? Liquid, strip, LFS? I agree that it seems too fast for a disease.

Corys are a schooling fish and they would need an group of at least 4 but, they would prefer a group of 6 or more.

Nitrates are reading 5. I would prefer more but couldn't really fit anymore in

and I'm testing with a chemical kit. Tank has been running with no problems for 3-4 month

Hmmmmm.... what fish did you add yesterday? What type of cories and what temp is your tank at? When in doubt, do a large PWC but that's really all I can advise.

Back
Top Bottom