White patch on rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oicu2

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone

I attached a picture of something strange on a rock in my freshwater aquarium. It's the patchy stuff under the rock. Could it be snail eggs? It started as a small patch but seems to be growing. I have a ton of baby snails in the tank. The white stuff is on the gravel substrate as well. A couple of the pebbles are sticking together in a tiny ball with this stuff.

Michelle

Attachments

• 20200403_060810.jpg
    20200403_060810.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 26
Is it slimy? I would take it out and rub it off, and then sit it in a 50% water and 50% household hydrogen peroxide for awhile.

There might be decaying food in the substrate causing a glump of stuff, I didn't see it. You could scoop the glob up as well and put into the peroxide mix too.

Snail eggs are a clearish to slightly tinted glob usually a circle like a pencil eraser to slightly larger to teardrop swipe shape. With little tiny dots in it. For pond, bladder and Ramshorn snails.

Mystery snails have a pod of eggs in a cluster white to pink peach color.

Assassin snails have a tiny square looking egg, and Nerite snails have a sesame seed looking /shaped egg. Both these types are individually laid.

Thinking it is a fungus growing there.

Back
Top Bottom