White spot on platy fish?? Ick? Bacterial??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

janice_016

Aquarium Advice Regular
Recently had a nitrate spike, now everything is back to normal. Fish are all acting healthy. One of my platys has a white spot on her side that is raised an almost appears fuzzy. She also has on on her lip and on her fin. Acting normal though. Slowly increasing the temp to 81.. All other water levels are normal and steady. Is this ick? Or bacterial? Thanks :)
36 gallon tank. Not crowded. Been up for 2 years.

Here's a pic

Attachments

• image-184018158.jpg
    image-184018158.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 86
And another

Attachments

• image-3664202591.jpg
    image-3664202591.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 80
I do have fungas treatment which I started 2 days ago.. So hopefully that will work. Just wanted an other opinion. Usually don't like using meds but seems like my only option. Thank you :)

I noticed my platy had this once. I believe it is either from a scale being missing (ie bit or scraped) or some weird thing. Anyways I just left mine and it got better but don't take my word for it, it may not be the same

It totally looked like a scale that was going to fall off at one point.. It was just a shiny scale but now getting bigger and fuzzy.. Maybe it is in the process of shedding..? I'm going to continue to treat the tank for fungus for a week just incase.
Thanks for your input :)

You are right to think that it is a fungal infection. A lot of fungus growers and looks like tiny hairs with small balls on the end. I hope that that is the problem and the treatment works. Better than the unknown.

If anyone bows different I hope they speak up.

Back
Top Bottom