Black/dark purple stuff on my LR?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Replacing subtrate isn't always easy being it hold alit of nitrates however being crushed coral i would turn ur power heads off keep filter on and scoop it out with a cup get as much as you can but you can leave what you have around the rocks. It will help with cal .. are trying to go with sand? The influx of nitrates shouldn't be to bad on the damsels being how hardy they are... what type of corals do you have?

I would say its coraline or sponge. If soft and mushy then its a sponge, if its hard, then coraline. Either way, I think its fine. Dont worry about it. Just consider it a little extra color. Coraline can be many colors from blue, blue-green to orange, pink-red and of course purple.

Bige said:
I would say its coraline or sponge. If soft and mushy then its a sponge, if its hard, then coraline. Either way, I think its fine. Dont worry about it. Just consider it a little extra color. Coraline can be many colors from blue, blue-green to orange, pink-red and of course purple.

What initially threw me off was the black it was turning... I've only ever seen black ( really was a very deep purple under close inspection) was coraline on aculltured rock that had been painted with that fake coraline.. ( purple x or what ever its called) . Anyways when stated it was on the ployps i figured it was just sponge but she said it was hard and scraped of with finger nail.. i figured like you said was just coraline because the second picture looked like a nice shade of corline.. either way its always a good thing to have a cal and phosphate test when having a reef tank and making sure the levels are good, which she didn't have either.

Back
Top Bottom