Coral id

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shane0f

Aquarium Advice Regular
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1406203494.365282.jpg
Has any one heard of a posie coral this is what I was told this was
Looks to me like fluffy morphs

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Morphs are not mushrooms. They are mushrooms. The morph refers to different color variations of specific corals.

The little guy right below them though is aiptasia, which is a pest glass anemone. You'll want to use a product like aiptasia-x, joe's juice, or boiling lemon juice or water to kill it off before it starts to spread. They can overwhelm a tank and sting livestock.

That would be blastmussa

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Blasto is often called a posie coral. I say it is blasto and not mushroom.

You can see the inner and outside are different colors. With so many in one spot you wont always see the skeletal base.

You can see the inner and outside are different colors. With so many in one spot you wont always see the skeletal base.

Not to sit and argue about it and beat the dead horse, as the OP can figure it out from here I'd hope, but it isn't inflating like a blasto and other LPS do. If OP would like, I can try to remember to take a picture of the hairy mushrooms in my tank during my days off to see how they cluster just like that...but that can occur via PM if interested.

All good guys not massively important since they both have the same requirements
Either way I reckon it's pretty cool
Cheers

If you cause them to shrink, is there a skeleton underneath?

Like it shrinks into the skeleton? Then they're blastomussa sp.

Back
Top Bottom