Found...crab living on my LR...help identifying?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PhishPhanNewbie

Aquarium Advice Newbie
:confused: So I'm excited to say that I finally got my LR and two yellow tail damselfish. I fed the fish this afternoon and saw a little guy come crawling out. I tried to take a picture of it with my phone but the picture is too blurry. Anyways...the crab was out and about for a good 10 minutes then went back into hiding. He's small and he blends right in w/ the colors of the LR. Any ideas (without actually seeing it) of what kind of crab it is and if I should leave him be or take him out?

Thanks in advance for your help :)

If its a small greenish crab then you're the new owner of an emerald crab, def leave him in there. A good addition to your CUC. They eat hair algae an comb your LR for other nuisance algaes. I also had a hitch hiking emerald that survived my cycle.

I have a hitchhiker crab too! Mine is a sand and darkish brown colour with black ended claws. I think he is part of the xanthidae family and it seems he is an unwanted guest!

Back
Top Bottom