Is this a lace coral?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DI68

Aquarium Advice Freak
When I returned my blasto rock with a bobbit worm in it, I asked the LFS if this coral was difficult to look after and she replied that it 'just needed good lighting'. I have it positioned at the top of my tank with T5s and have been trying to find out what it is so I know whether I need to be adding anything to the water, placement, feeding etc.

ThanksImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1415494846.400365.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Ok...I found some info through Dr Google and other forums as follows. If anyone has different advice please let me know....

"This type is a distichopora lace coral.....not the Stylaster which is difficult to tell if it is doing well or not as they look the same dead or alive...... keep it out of the light if possible (or it will get covered in algae) but they do need good water flow. Not really a good choice for most reef tanks.

They don't have zooxanthellae and so rely on food capture for both energy and nutrition. You'd probably have to feed them on something like rotifers ( will have to Google this)

Note that they are hydrozoans rather than anthozoans( again will have to Google to understand what this means)"

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom