Is this bad?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Crystalbivens1

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
New to saltwater, is this white thing good or bad? Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• image-3593907791.jpg
    image-3593907791.jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 122
It's hard to tell what it is, it looks like there is quite a shine on it. Can you get us a little clearer picture?

Is this any better? Thank you

Attachments

• image-2411251258.jpg
    image-2411251258.jpg
    191.1 KB · Views: 103
Trying to get the best picture but the location isn't helping...

Attachments

• image-281278048.jpg
    image-281278048.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 91
does it look like there are little balls at the end of the tentacles?

Look kinda like one of those fuzzy balls you buy for crafts..... It dosent look like there are any ball tips.... They go straight out....

Aiptasia from the looks of it :(

If it is then you need to kill it before it spreads.

I was also thinking it might be a form of pseudocorynactis but it's hard to tell.

I think my previous thought of pseudocorynactis was incorrect. It looks more like and aiptasia in that picture. You could be safe and just nuke it.

It does go in. The rock occasionally ... And yes it did retract back when I tried to touch it.

you can also try boiling water or lemon juice (both injected directly into the mouth of the critter). Friday probably shouldn't be a problem but if it is aiptasia they can spread pretty quick so just keep your eyes open.

Ok great, thanks so much... I'm new to this and worried to death now that it could be that and I didn't get it out sooner.... Thought it was a feather duster of some sort sincei have a bunch of them even though they look completely different.... Thank you again for your advice.

Back
Top Bottom