Refugium Critter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bang Guy

Aquarium Advice FINatic
While staring at my refugium (a common place for me to relax) I managed to get a shot of a cool looking Zooplankton swimming in the water column. I have my suspicions but I'm interested in other ideas too. The body is about 1/4" long.
larve2.jpg

Wow! Don't know what it is but I'd hate to meet it out in deep space with only photon torpedoes to kill it. Go to warp.........oops, That's a Star Trek episode LOL. Looks almost like some sort of shrimp. Time for me to research. I'll see if I can find something.

George

It is almost certainly some type of shrimp, you can see the tail and the legs and the antenae. I'm looking at the tail and wondering if that isn't the start of the white patter on the tail of a skunk cleaner shrimp. You do have those in the system don't you? I'm very anxious to hear what you suspicions are, cause I may just be toatally whacked, but I gonna go with a baby skunk cleaner shrimp.

:D I agree. My suspicions are a 4 or 5 week old Skunk Cleaner Shrimp larve. I think it's pretty rare for them to survive that long in a captive system.

Thanks all!

And I thought that kevin was just having a cleaner shrimp envy. It would be way cool if that was cleaner shrimp larve.

Back
Top Bottom