Ever stare into the eye of an Angler?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ogden10

Aquarium Advice Freak
Was trying to get some pics of my eel, but he was not cooperating so instead took some of the Angler "Quagmire"

Attachments

• IMG_0463.jpg
    IMG_0463.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_0464.jpg
    IMG_0464.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_0461.jpg
    IMG_0461.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 75
and a random one of some polyps, just cause I liked it :p

Attachments

• IMG_0462.jpg
    IMG_0462.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 59
In this tank there is this Angler, a large Zebra Moray, and a Tomato Clown. Other then that corals and LR. Few BIG snails so they don't get eaten. My son dubbed it the "Family Guy Tank" and named them all after characters on Family Guy.

LOL we had that very conversation yesterday, and he voted to change him name. I still get confused about who is who....

Quagmire was fitting as a predator too though
Lol does he like the little fish? I could go in so many wrong directions with this string of jokes so I'm gonna stop it there.

i was just about to say. looks more like a peter or an ollie (the blackuweather report)

How big does your tank have to be to hold one of those anglers? And how the heck did you get one?

How big does your tank have to be to hold one of those anglers? And how the heck did you get one?

Really it depends on how much other stuff you are going to have in there. I hesitate to get drawn into the "tank to small, you're overstocked argument". That being said my opinion would be for an angler of this size I would recommend at least a 55g. They are not active at all, and don't need a lot of room to swim, but since they are big eaters, they are kinda messy. This is why a bigger tank would be easier, not as much water degradation from messy eating and big poops.

I have been wanting one of them for a while and had my LFS keeping their eyes out for me for a good size one. I did not want a small one like I had seen in the past. They called me when it came in, and held it for me til they made sure it was eating and healthy. The hard part with Anglers can be getting them to eat anything, let alone frozen. This guy is a champ, he will even eat pellets which is unheard of.

I have some cool videos of him eating, but not really sure if there is a way to post them here?

I suppose that's true, did not figure anyone would really care that much? It would be simple to upload to facebook if anyone really wants to see them that bad.

Doit! I wanna see what they look like and how they eat! I've only seen the really wierd ones that live a mile down in the ocean on discovery channel lol.

Ask and ye shall receive....working on it now. I also have one of the angler and my eel "playing". Will post links in a few

Back
Top Bottom