spring time, Let's see some OT pics!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Very nice, when our lilies start blooming, I'll be sure to get some of them ;) There are some wild lilies blooming in the ditches here that are awesome, I keep meaning to stop on my way home and snap a few pics, and there is an entire field of wild flowers that is just spectacular, but I never seem to have the energy after work to stop and take the pics :x

I know what you mean about not having the energy sometimes to take some pics. :wink: There's a small wetland not even 3 minutes away from my house, and all last summer and fall, I never took any pics (drove by everyday, though!) I really hope the flowers are there this year. Whenever I do "make" myself take some pics, I'm always very glad, later, that I did! I hope you get some lily pics soon!

U guys verse 914 has got his picture taking skills down

P.s. when u take pictures of flowers spray them with a spray bottle of water the drops on the leafs or whatever theyre called add effect

Mr. Marine

Thanks Mr. Marine.

I use the spray bottle on the flowers too. It gives it a great effect. Heres a couple new ones that I took yesterday...

DSC02602sm.jpg

DSC02672sm.jpg

DSC02667sm.jpg

DSC02698sm.jpg

DSC02699sm.jpg

Man, the quality of some of you people's photos is making me want a better camera... this one will do for now I suppose... Anyone who hasn't seen my gallery check it out, I'm waiting for a few pics to be approved right now... you'll find that most of my pictures are a bit off topic. All the trips I use to go on my mom would really bug me about getting pictures with people in it. Said it's boring if there aren't people in it... I find it the other way around... I don't really want to look at people for too long... Oh well... Hope you enjoy some of my pics... it's getting addicting.

More flowers. I can't get any thing else to stay still long enought to focus.

Thanks, I think that I am just slightly frustrated at my abilities. I want to be better. I cant get a good picture of my fish to save my life. I guess pratice makes perfect. I will stop with my whinning and just fill up my XD card again, and thanks.

PM me and I'll give you a couple of tips about using that cam for aquarium shots...LOL, unless you don't like the ones I've taken.

excellent pics lreilly. Fish pics do take more practice than flower pics :)

Make sure you have your macro function on. The easiest way to get pics is with the flash imo. Just put your shutter speed to about 1/160s, macro function on, an F-stop of 4-4.5, and shoot down at an angle so the flash bounces on the gravel and not back into the camera. Pics without a flash require alot more light on top of the tank. I take my pics at around 1/30s at an ISO of 100.

Thank you Reefrunner and Verse so much. That really is helpful. I am going to go try out your suggestions right now. I have been wanting someone who could just tell me how to do it, now I am going to try and follow your advice. Thanks so much, I will either post some fish pictures or more questions in the very near future.

On our way to the grocery store this morning, I pulled along the side of the road and took pics of some of the flowers growing wild in the ditches. It was kinda windy but I think they came out pretty good note to self...do not attempt to crawl in the ditches in sandels...my feet itch!!

DSCF0599.jpg

DSCF0603.jpg

DSCF0605.jpg

DSCF0613.jpg

After leaving the ditches, we came to a field of wild flowers, these suckers litter the sides of the roads in the spring time around here, one of these days I'm gonna remember to take a bucket and a shovels and transplant them to the front yard.

DSCF0615.jpg

DSCF0618.jpg

DSCF0620.jpg

DSCF0630.jpg

DSCF0632.jpg

DSCF0634.jpg

beautiful rr just box me up some of those minus what ever made you itch hum maybe you better wait until june or july when it warms up around here :?

Well I finally got myself together and dug up some of my old pics off of CD. The weather round these parts isn't really "summer" just yet so You'll have to settle for some summer pics from 2001 :eek:)

Back
Top Bottom