thinking about buying a new digital camera

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

I'd like to get something in the intermediate range. under $300. I want to be able to take nice shots of my fish. I know a little about photography, but not a lot. I'd like something point and click, but with some ability to adjust zoom and aperature. More zoom the better, as i would like to take some close up shots.

Also, i'd like rapid shutter speed. Ebay is my friend also.

Any suggestions?

Moved to the Show Off/Photography forum.

In the sticky list at the top of the forum, there's one called "Camera Choices".

A good online site to browse cameras is http://www.dpreview.com/

You can click on different models of cameras and read about them. You can also do a side-by-side comparison of the models you like.

I have been very impressed with the Canon A620 that I have. Its only got a 4X zoom but if you take images at its highest res and then crop the images down to size your resulting photo is still very lage as if it was a much higher zoom.

Well i just got a canon 350D, my dad got it for my photography 4 school anywyas my dad has had a canon all his life and loves them has about 6!!!! he is a photo nut, so i say go with a cannon Lol :)

Back
Top Bottom