Advice needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tanya40627

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I lent my 30 gal tank to a family member and it was returned damaged. There is a crack on the side panel of glass close to the top. Therefore, leaking. I've never attempted to repair before.

Question: Do I have to replace the entire pane of glass?

I am considering purchasing a piece of glass to adhere to existing pane.

Question: Would this safely prevent leaking?

Thank you in advance for your advice.

Once cracked, the entire Pane of glass needs to be replaced, or buy a new tank. If you shop around, can find great deals on smaller tanks. It's more a safety issue. Once the integrity of the glass is compromised it will never be stable again.

My # rule when lending out anything is simple . You break it you buy it !
by the time you get a piece of glass to fix it and silicone along with the time to tear it down and fix . not worth it , buck gal sale is going on think this is the last week.

by the time you get a piece of glass to fix it and silicone along with the time to tear it down and fix . not worth it , buck gal sale is going on think this is the last week.

I'm in Canada, there is no Petco in Nova Scotia to my knowledge.

I was going to attempt to repair it as my brother can get an employee discount on the glass and silicone. I live in an apartment so I couldn't keep it ventilated well enough. I would also worry if the repair would hold. I would hate to have water damage to the apartment.

Back
Top Bottom