Real Time tank monitoring and control (HELP)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RcCypher

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Questions:
What kind of equipment can I build or buy for real time monitoring and adjustment of my tanks vital stats. (Vendors with recommended products and/or wiring diagrams and parts lists please)

The story is as follows:

I've recently purchased a 210 Gallon tank. It has dual overflows and a nice acrylic sump probably about 30 gallon. My wife and I are setting it up as a bio-trope replicating the Mekong River Valley with the intention of breeding (or attempting to breed) yasuhikotakia-sidthimunki (AKA Dwarf Chain Loaches) .

We have purchased LED lights from Hydro Grow that we will be evaluating for spectrum, penetration, and deciding on the best one to promote plant growth and light the tank.
36 Watt Pendent
50W-100W Box light

We are using ADA peletized substrate:
Aqua Soil Amazonia

We bought some "Moss Rock" which is a sedimentary rock from Colorado (dark brown to red), its covered in lichen which will be replaced with alge as it gets replaced in the tank. (its really nice and porous)

Because the loaches are hard to breed (its not exactly known how to do it outside of the Thai breeders) I want to be VERY specific on the things I try when attempting to trigger the breeding cycles for these fish. I also would like to monitor various water quality aspects mainly:

temperature
pH
nitrate
and CO2

however my budget is getting a bit stretched with this project, between the lights soil and tank I have invested far more money than I had originally anticipated, though I am willing to continue to invest heavily in this tank.

My goal and my question for you is as follows. I want to have real time monitoring of the various water quality stats and have those stats fed into my computer or posted online so that I can not only keep a live ongoing record of how my tank is behaving, but also hopefully identify exactly which changes triggered spawning behavior. So I would like to either build or buy (preferably the cheaper option but willing to pay more if its the right equipment). What equipment or designs can you recommend so I can monitor the setup remotely as well as record all of the vital stats (and yes I intend to share anything I learn with the community).

I think the fluval G series canister filters has a lot of the monitoring you looking for built into it so maybe check that out. Also I happened onto a thread a few days ago after the guy who started it posted a reply to a question I asked and he has a setup that is pretty much what your asking for so check it out and maybe you can get in touch with him for help. Heres the thread I was talking about.
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f20/fully-automated-aquarium-ideas-help-225317.html#post2644672

Hope it helps

Just looked and saw you found it already. Good luck. If you get it up and running maybe post up a how to thread so I can copy it. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom