Anyone else's platies love to eat the foliage?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

agaul23

Aquarium Advice Regular
Mine ate to death one of my plants I put in a week ago, just constantly munching on it. Were they hungry? I started to give them a little more in case they started on the rest of my plant life

Yeah mine do too. They seem to like the dead parts of my plants better, I don't know why. They also like the roots. I have some anachris floating around and they sometimes swim up to it and pull on the roots with their mouth.

I was originally just feeding them once a day in the morning, I was afraid to over feed them, but since they looked like they were still hungry with all the crazy plant eating, I now give them a tiny bit more in the evening. Hope they're not goin to start on the rest of the plants now haha

Ya they do it on days when only my dad feeds them, but on days when we both feed them they don't.

Here are my way-too-detailed steps:

1.Buy frozen peas
2.Bring home frozen peas
3.Take a few peas out of the container and put the rest in the freezer
4.Take outer covering off of frozen peas that aren't in the freezer
5.Mash up frozen pea with your fingers
6.Feed to fish
7.Repeat steps 3-6 as necessary until pea supply has run out, then repeat entire procedure

XD

Cool, I may have some in the freezer, I'll give it a try. One of my guppies is giving birth at this very moment. First time I've gotten to see it happen. :)

Back
Top Bottom