Broken Heart

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Glenc

Aquarium Advice Addict
Sorry I havn't been around this week, it's been a tough one.
Our cat George was hit by a car and killed earlier this week. We recently moved from a quiet court to a fairly busy street. People on the court knew George and would stop or slow down for him, not so lucky in the new place. He must have misjudged the speed of the cars, and one clipped him.
A good samaritan saw it happen and had the decency to get him off the street before my kids saw him. One of the hardest things I've had to do was carry him home across the very street he was hit on. Then tell my wife and kids he was gone. He was a stray, my third and last cat. I think he found me. He was more like a dog than a cat. He would come running and bound up to you when you called him, almost wagging his tail. He was a big suck that loved kids, you could carry him around like a baby. He was around 8 years old when he died.
I buried him in our yard. I'll be around, just need to heal my broken heart for a bit.

I am so sorry Glen. I know how much it hurts to lose a beloved pet. Remember you will always have your memories.

I wish I had something to say that could help....

We have always had dogs and I can understand what you feel. It's never easy.

Hang in there.

My sympathies too. Whenever I see a dead dog or cat on the road I think about the bond between family and pet that's been lost.

Losing a pet is heart breaking. But the joy they bring us in life is worth suffering through the loss.

I an sorry Glen. I recently had to put down my 13 yr old Springer Spaniel. I know how it is. I`m so sorry

I'm so sorry. I know what it's like when a beloved cat goes too early. I will be thinking of you and hoping you are comforted by your wonderful memories of George. I can see how much he loved you in that second picture.

I'm so sorry too. I hope that you can take some comfort in knowing that George was a very lucky stray for having found you. It's clear from the pics that you provided him with a loving and happy home.

I am so sorry for your loss. I just shed a tear for you reading that. My heart goes out to you.

Glen as I said before, I can empathize, although that does little to make you feel any better. I wish I could tell you something that would actually ease your pain, if only for a moment. I lost my beloved cat of 17 years just before Christmas and am only just now finding myself able to talk about him without crying. My heart goes out to you and all your family. If you need anything, even just to talk or rant, please call on me.

It is THE hardest part of having and loving a family pet. Unfortunate... I am so sorry for you and your family.

While nothing I type will ease the pain, I just have to say that as I scrolled down to see George's picture a tear came to my eye too. George is the spittin' image of "Mango"... an orange stray that adopted us about 15 years ago. Just showed up on the doorstep one day, a little worse for wear and beat up. And just like George, Mango was taken from us too soon when he was about 8.

I'm smirking now as I remember the little "mmmrrrrruffff" he'd meow out, as he bashed the top of his head into the bottom of my chin to "mark" me as his before settling down in my lap! He was the strangest, yet most lovable cat I've ever known. Eventually... you'll smirk too as you remember George.

Sorry for your loss. We lost the white one last year, in my sig. Rudolph use to follow me everywhere and like to be slung over my shoulder. Just remember the good times and the tears will turn into laughter as you talk about the past.

I'm so sorry about your cat. I've also lost several beloved pets in my life and I can sympathize with how you feel.

I am so sorry to read this. It is just awful. Be good to yourself and know that friends are mourning a little bit tonight with you.

You are all very special people, thank you all so much for your kind words. I can't tell you how much that means to us right now. :)

Back
Top Bottom