Buying Tanks Online

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Starka

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I was wondering if you were to buy a tank online from like craigslist or ebay. What would you ask them before buying the tank?
Just curious.
No I'm not buying another tank >_> what gave you that idea?:angel:

I was wondering if you were to buy a tank online from like craigslist or ebay. What would you ask them before buying the tank?
Just curious.
No I'm not buying another tank >_> what gave you that idea?:angel:

im assuming most obvious would be does it hold water?
also whether is was salt fresh or reptile?
what was in it?
and if its being shipped, is there gaurentees, and how do they package

How long it's been sitting without water?
How old is it?
What has it been used for? SW/FW/Reptile?
Have they cleaned it and what with?
Does it include anything like fish, filters, heaters, stand, lids, lighting,etc?
Does it have scratches?
Has it ever been broken then repaired (centre brace, broken glass,etc)?

I just got a 55 gal. tank off of craigs list. Look for one close to you so travel is no issue. When you go look at it, you can ask anything. No comitment to buy and NO shipping cost. Shipping will be high in ebay. Check out Petsmart for new prices so you don't pay too much for used. Good Luck!

Or, at least in my area, the Petco $1/gallon sale is still going on! It's an option, but I too check Craigslist almost daily for aquarium deals in my area. I haven't bitten on one yet, but the day will surely come! Good luck!

Mumma.of.two said:
How long it's been sitting without water?
How old is it?
What has it been used for? SW/FW/Reptile?
Have they cleaned it and what with?
Does it include anything like fish, filters, heaters, stand, lids, lighting,etc?
Does it have scratches?
Has it ever been broken then repaired (centre brace, broken glass,etc)?

+1 Mumma has pretty much nailed every question I ask :)

savage said:
Or, at least in my area, the Petco $1/gallon sale is still going on! It's an option, but I too check Craigslist almost daily for aquarium deals in my area. I haven't bitten on one yet, but the day will surely come! Good luck!

I haven't found any real good deals. So I just got another tank at petco. I love the $1 gallon deal just wish they had that for heaters and tops. Though I did find a good deal on some filters at Petsmart. I was able to upgrade all my tanks! :)

Back
Top Bottom