Christmas fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sixtyfou

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was lucky enough to get a new filter, and a thermometer for Christmas. I got my daughter a Betta. I don't generally keep Bettas, but the little one has a thing for them so she got a Christmas fish.

ForumRunner_20131227_022901.jpg

I had to BS her a bit. I got the tank and conditioned it a week before Christmas and told her it was going to be a shrimp tank;)

That is so cute! My daughters already had fish in my tank so I got them a tank. I really wanted to set it up when I got it on black Friday but my hubby wouldn't let me. Now they are pestering me to put their platys in there! So now I have to be the bad guy and tell them no we have to cycle it first. Your way is much better!

I promised my 4-year-old that if he is still excited to have a fish tank when his birthday comes in May that I'll set one up in his room. I think a betta would be great for him as well, and easiest for me to manage.
How old are your kids? What tasks do you make them help with?

Eva is 7. She does water testing, feeding, and helps with the water changes. She can't lift the 5 gallon buckets.

That's awesome. She's going to grow up to be a mega aquarium addict!
I just laughed imagining my kid lifting a 5-gallon-bucket, he weighs 35 pounds soaking wet. Full bucket weighs more than him.

Back
Top Bottom