Good aquarium LFs advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishdude3233

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok we all know about the dumbest aquarium advice but let's hear you best advice that either has been given to you or that employes have said to different customers...
I will go first. A petsmart employe tells a person that they needs at least a 2.5 gallon tank for a Berra and it needs a filter... Real surprising :)

The best and only good advice I have been given was what isle the fish food was in. And believe I

A Petco employee told me to go to a good LFS & gave me their # & directions to get there!

The LFS close to me is great, never heard them give bad advice. They sell used tanks but only to people that know what they are getting into with used.

Guy at the LFS asked me what size tank I had and also warned me that DGs are sometimes aggressive, I knew this ahead of time but I'm glad he said so all the same. You never know if some ignorant customer is going to come in and try to buy multiple males to put in a tiny barren 5g or something... Thankfully Giovanni is very happy in his well planted 10g (with additional hiding spots) that he shares with a school of tetras.

When I got some bumblebee gobies the Lfs employee made sure I knew that I needed frozen or live food

Worst advice or don't think its advice but all still entertaining was at Petsmart and the snail was dead cracked shell hanging out the fish lady was like that don't mean he's dead

Back
Top Bottom