MACNA XVII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zack

Aquarium Advice Freak
I did not find a topic on it, but is anyone planning on going to MANA XVII? More info can be found here http://macnaxvii.com/ Looking foward to meeting people if they plan on coming.

Going to MACNA

We are going to MACNA this year. I am with Aqua FX. I've never been to one of these shows before and Im really excited. Im new to the industry and am learning so much. I am gonna get my first saltwater tank in December when I move. :D

If anyone is bringing fish to display, you'll meet me. We are providing all tank make-up water. Visit us at booth 53!

QUESTION: Does anyone know how formal the Gala is. DO I need a formal dress???

LGAQUA! You're just the person I want to see! The NJRC will be recieving a shipment of corals for fragging and we'll need water for our stock tank while we're there.

As for the dress code at the Gala, I read on the MACNA website/forum that the dress was casual. You can expect to see anything from suits to shorts.

I will be there with my husband. The NJRC will also have one other director (who is also a staffer at RC) and about 10 of our members. I'm staying in the Hyatt from Friday through Sunday. Some of our members are close enough for day trips and some staying locally with family.

As I understand the galia is not a formal affair and the dress is casual to semiformal (poloshirt, slacks, etc)

LGAQUA, Ill be working the event. Right now I am volenterring to setup as well as work some of the AV during the sessions. Ill try to find time to come by the AquaFX booth to say hey and to let you put a face to an admin. :)

Well, it's over. It was a great experience. Here are some really bad photos of some of the speakers. It was very dark during the lectures and using the flash only made it worse since it only lit up the heads of the people in front of me. So, since I turned the flash off, the pics got blurry. Being photography challenged, this was the what I got. :? lol The first pic is of Bob Fenner and one of the ladies from seahorses.org. Bob was very animated and very friendly. Great guy all around.
Second is a pic of Dr. Ron Shimek. I have nothing positive to say about him so I'll just let that go.
Third pic is of Jorge Gomezjurado. He did a lecture on his captive breeding facility for seahorses. I hope to go visit his place in the near future.

Here are some more. The first pic is of Julian Sprung. He did an awesome seminar on sponges.
Second is a really blurry pic of Walt Smith and his wife.
Last pic is of Anthony Calfo (left) and Eric Borneman (right) during the fraging session.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom