Spotted at the LFS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
At one of the LFS near me they have this ginormous, dark skinned catfish. I can't recall what kind of catfish it is off the top of my head but it is just a monster. It is in a several foot long tank with a couple of foot long plecos and it just owns the entire tank. I swear it looks like something that you would see fished out of the river on the show River Monsters.
There's an adult arowana at my LFS who's beautiful, but, when he looks at me, I swear he's thinking "lunch." :eek: :lol:
Speaking of Arowana, at the LFS's I was just talking about they are actually having a sale on their med sized Arowanas. They are selling them for $36.99 instead of the $60-$70 I remember them being priced for normally. I can remember passing by them a couple times on my last visit and they kind of gave me the same vibe when I wriggled my finger in front of the tank to see if they would pay me attention.

I've never seen Arowana of any kind on a LFS Specials list before, and I'm pretty sure that it is rare for them to sold at a lower price like this. To prove it, more to myself later down the road than anyone else, here is a picture of the listing. You'll notice it in the Exotic's Section.
_Fishspecials_2017-02-24_12.jpg

My LFS has some nice fish.....lots of discus, stingrays, some weird looking SW fish, and also some arawonas. Also has some needle nose gar and bass, both of which I don't think should be in home aquaria because of their size. But that's another argument for another place.

Holy crap they are neat!

The craziest fish my lfs sold were baby sturgeon, they were so neat looking but not good for a tank in any way :/

Sent from my SM-G930T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I saw an extremly rare Yellow Unicorn Guppy at one of the LFS, unfortunately, it was not for sale:ermm:

(Not photoshopped, just a guppy with too big of a plant bite stuck in its mouth)

Attachments

• uniguppy.jpg
    uniguppy.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:
Did you know that bettas originated in puddles in Japan? They're apparently called siang Siamese fighting fish because all of Asia is one country.

Oh, big box store..

Last edited:
Did you know that bettas originated in puddles in Japan? They're apparently called siang Siamese fighting fish because all of Asia is one country.

Oh, big box store..

Wild Siamese fighting fish still live in puddles, flooded areas of jungle, rice patties and pretty much any slow moving or still water in Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam and Laos. They are called Siamese fighting fish because Thailand was formally know as Siam. Asia is a continent made up of many countries.

Wild Siamese fighting fish still live in puddles, flooded areas of jungle, rice patties and pretty much any slow moving or still water in Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam and Laos. They are called Siamese fighting fish because Thailand was formally know as Siam. Asia is a continent made up of many countries.
This is why I said, "oh, big box store."

Pandas in saris and all that.

This is why I said, "oh, big box store."

Pandas in saris and all that.

Oh haha sorry! We don't actually have or use the term big box store in Australia where I'm from so it didn't really mean anything to me so didn't think about what it meant. I just searched it. Oh dear [emoji28]

Really didn't mean to sound like a jerk either, just was surprised to read that as I'm sure you were to hear it!

Back
Top Bottom