What is the worst stocking you have ever seen?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Worst stock? Clownfish x2, 6" oscar, and 8" pleco... i wanna say in a 20 long freshwater tank, but it could have been 30...

SW clownfish?? There's not a freshwater fish that looks similar right? That's insane! How Long were the clowns in there?
The other fish are shocking too, but the clowns? Couldn't survive that long right?

They died in a few hrs after they put them in

Surprised me i think they added the aquarium salt to it and they thought it meant it would make it saltwater and freshwater safe sense the packet said that... Common sense is a rare site these days

I was mortified when I saw my sister-in-law's husband's 15 gallon tank filled with 12 large piranha and no filtration or heater. It wasn't even on a stand. It was on the floor at the foot of his 2 year old sons bed and right next to his side of the bed. Her husband was still living with his parents at the time and his parents didn't want the tank out around the other young ones, so he put it in his room.

I had a long talk with her and convinced her to finally put her foot down and give them away.

I was mortified when I saw my sister-in-law's husband's 15 gallon tank filled with 12 large piranha and no filtration or heater. It wasn't even on a stand. It was on the floor at the foot of his 2 year old sons bed and right next to his side of the bed. Her husband was still living with his parents at the time and his parents didn't want the tank out around the other young ones, so he put it in his room.

I had a long talk with her and convinced her to finally put her foot down and give them away.

Lol i think someones telling porkies, how large are we talking? 12 large pirahna probably wouldnt even fit in 15 gallon. Unless you arranged them like a sardine tin. Without a filter 12 pirahna wouldnt last a week in a 15gallon. With, they wouldnt last 2.

And I do not lie. Thank you very much. Instead of accusing me of lying how about you ask for more information instead. 4 -7 inch flesh eating fish are way too big to be kept around little children's reach. They were silver with red on them and he did daily water changes, which was his idea of good fish husbandry. He only had the tank for less than two weeks before I had my sister in law tell her stupid husband to get rid of them because it wasn't safe for her two year old and the fish were suffering.

Not really stocking but, my cousin (13 and has... Mental problems) gets whatever he wants. So he has this 10 gallon tank in his room, he's had it 7 years. He started with an Oscar, died. He got a school of angelfish after that, all died. After they all die his parents go and buy him more fish. The last time I checked he had some black-skirt tetras I think. But what disgusts me, is that there is 4-5 inches of gunk sitting on the gravel. In the past 7 years the nitrates must be HUGGEE. I'm hoping that they give me the tank. I will most likely puke when I'm cleaning it.

Don't know if this is a BAD stocking story, but it is strange and a bit morbid. This Apache Indian guy I knew used to have a Red Belly piranha. It was in about a 30 gal tank and the fish was about 10 inches in size. The shocking thing was the very realistic skeletal hand he had crafted himself on the bottom of the tank! Next to it was a sign that read "Do not put hand in fish tank!" Well, needless to say, I NEVER saw anyone but him put his hand in the tank and we always kept checking to see if he still had both hands! He had that Piranha for a very long time, as a recall.

Don't know if this is a BAD stocking story, but it is strange and a bit morbid. This Apache Indian guy I knew used to have a Red Belly piranha. It was in about a 30 gal tank and the fish was about 10 inches in size. The shocking thing was the very realistic skeletal hand he had crafted himself on the bottom of the tank! Next to it was a sign that read "Do not put hand in fish tank!" Well, needless to say, I NEVER saw anyone but him put his hand in the tank and we always kept checking to see if he still had both hands! He had that Piranha for a very long time, as a recall.

I've gotta say, if I had a piranha tank I would probably decorate it in a similar fashion. Except I'd find a way to put bite marks on the bones, haha. Then again, I am a bit morbid. And it sure would keep people from messing with my fish.

I've gotta say, if I had a piranha tank I would probably decorate it in a similar fashion. Except I'd find a way to put bite marks on the bones, haha. Then again, I am a bit morbid. And it sure would keep people from messing with my fish.

He had like bite marks wher the fish had "chewed" it off. Think he molded them out some kinda hard plastic, so he was able to carve them to look very real. The he wired em all together with fishing line.....as a kid, it spooked me to not liking piranhas! lol

I had a dream that a visited the home of a family friend to get some fish. When I entered the tanks were filled with sick feeder guppies and monos in muddy water.

Just the other day too..I saw a family purchase 4 goldfish for a 1.5 gallon tank. I almost said something but I didn't cuz I didn't wanna be THAT guy. Hopefully they'll upgrade to a bigger tank. This isn't the worst by any means, but I'm just saying that I hate seeing stuff like that. Also saw a family trying to get an oscar for a 10 gallon before too.

Back
Top Bottom