Woman charged with smuggling fish in skirt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, the import fees in Australia must be really high for someone to resort to that. :D The flip side of the coin is smuggling is like roaches...if you find one, there are thousands of others.

I was just about to post the same thread when I saw this one. AA always has the fastest news site on the net. :D

When I read that I thought, man she REALLY must be stocking her tank. :D

Jchillin said:
Man, the import fees in Australia must be really high for someone to resort to that. :D The flip side of the coin is smuggling is like roaches...if you find one, there are thousands of others.

If only....fees are not the issue...many species cannot be imported at all, so they are potentially worth a fortune...some fish we buy up here for $15-$20 each are worth $5000+ Aus....smuggle in 50, buy a house. As far as finding just one, the Australian customs people probably find about 98/100...they are scary efficient, and as the fines/jail-time suggests, not playing about.....with high rewards comes very high risk.

Personally, I liked the story of the woman a few years bback that tried to smuggle about 25 snakes into Sweden...in her brassiere...apparently the customs chap noticed that her bust was moving rather...oddly.;)

Menagerie? Do you have an evil twin? I guess you are not the only fish-smuggler around, lol.

(J/K :wink: )

At least she didn't swallow them, or cram them up her.......... 8O . That's what the cocaine smugglers do.

QTOFFER said:
At least she didn't swallow them, or cram them up her.......... 8O . That's what the cocaine smugglers do.

You know, the 'swallowing little baggies of fish' thing had occurred to me when I read that too. :lol:

You beat me to it... I saw the article and wanted to post it here... But alas, I was too slow....

Tropical fish are becoming a hot commodity! :)

img_424480_0_5b2bfc3210c082cd5ee77a122a481aef.jpg

:biglol: :biglol: :biglol: :biglol: :biglol:

:lach: :lach: :lach: :lach:

:loopy: :loopy: :loopy: :loopy: :loopy:

I need me one-a those!

Who wants to be the first one to show up at a club auction sporting one of those babies? 0X

having met Liz.... Thats a really funny mental pic... I can just see her now... kiddies in tow, oldest daughter acting like she doesnt know her, and hubby... well I dont know about him... Just doing his pirate impression... :lol:

As far as finding just one, the Australian customs people probably find about 98/100...they are scary efficient, and

But still not efficient enough to find 4kg of Marijuana before it was sent to bali...
but thats another story....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom