20g long fish tank plants?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thras

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok I would like to try plants in my 20 gal long but don't want stuff that's going to overwhelm the tank I live a semi busy life and want to enjoy the tank not cut it down all the time any suggestions on what plants and what would be a good grass to use?

It's got a fluorescent bulb but I may upgrade to a led kit

The plants you get will depend on how much lighting you have...usually loosely measured in watts per gallon. Are they the bulbs you got with your tank?

On the bulb, you should be able to read how many watts the fixture is and what kind of light...the best light that plants can use is 6700 spectrum. Up to 2 watts per gallon, you should be able to grow low light to just medium light plants...you can to to plantgeek.com to check out what plants will work.

Ok I'll check that out what kind of grass do u recommend?

I haven't grown grass...I have java fern & moss, crypts, anubius, and rotala type plants which do well...I have a 20L with two T5H0 24w bulbs which may be too much but so far, no algae problems and I do dose fertilizers.

Back
Top Bottom